Neutra uses the LightSheer diode laser for hair removal. It is a state-of-the-art system specially designed to remove unwanted hair faster, with less discomfort and more reliably than other methods.
1. How does laser hair removal work?
A laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light is well absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicles. Prior to the procedure, the treatment area is shaved. During the procedure, the laser pulses for a fraction of a second, long enough to heat up the hair and significantly impedes the follicle’s ability to re-grow. The result: permanent hair reduction in the treated area.
2. Can laser be done on sensitive skin?
The LightSheer diode laser has a cool tip; a special contact-cooling hand piece that allows the technician to treat even the most sensitive skin. It protects and cools the upper layer of the skin before, during and after each laser pulse while directing the laser energy to the hair root.
3. Does it hurt?
You may feel a prickling or stinging sensation on the areas being treated. Most patients tolerate the procedure well, but because some areas of the body are more sensitive than others, topical anesthesia is an option.
4. Are there any side effects?
Side effects, if any, are minor. They may include: redness and swelling around the hair follicle, which are, in fact, desired clinical results and indicate that the follicle has responded to the treatment.
5. How many sessions will I need?
Several factors influence hair growth – such as genetics, hormones, age, and medications. It is important to know that the hairs in an active growth phase (referred to as anagen) are most affected by laser. As all hairs are not in this phase at the same time, more than one treatment will be necessary to achieve the best results. Usually a minimum of 6-8 sessions are required.
6. How frequently will treatments be performed?
Treatments will be performed anywhere from 6-8 weeks depending on the area being treated.
7. What about ingrown hairs?
The laser does not create ingrown hairs. If you suffer from them, the laser can effectively treat ingrown hairs and clear them.
8. Are the results permanent?
The LightSheer laser has been cleared by the FDA for hair removal and permanent hair reduction on all skin types and tanned skin. To achieve a satisfactory level of clearance, 3 to 6 treatments are typically required.
9. What advantages does the Lightsheer have over other laser hair removal systems?
The LightSheer Diode Laser System was designed from the ground up for laser hair removal, so it has the wavelength, fluency, pulse width, and active epidermal cooling system – the Chill Tip is ideally suited for laser hair removal. LightSheer is the only laser hair removal system with this patented cooling device designed for your sensitive skin.
10. Is the LightSheer Diode Laser FDA approved?
The laser was developed in 1994, and the first hair removal study began in 1996. The FDA cleared the device for treatments in December 1997. The FDA then granted its claim for permanent hair reduction in 1999, after it demonstrated in a 300 person study, a better than 50% permanent hair loss after only 3 treatments.
11. How should I prepare myself prior to a treatment?
· The area being treated must be completely shaved prior to any treatment.
· Do not pluck, wax, use a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in the areas you wish to have treated for 6 weeks prior to laser hair removal.
· Do not tan the areas to be treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
· Avoid using self-tanning products for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
12. What should I expect after the treatment?
· Immediately after treatment, the area may become slightly red and swollen. This reaction is normal and indicates that the hair follicle has been treated optimally. The treated area should return to normal within a few hours and/or days after treatment.
· Do not soak in hot tubs or have a hot bath for 24 hours.
· Do not exercise to the point of perspiration as extreme itchiness may develop.
· Avoid irritants (glycolics, retinoids, etc.) for 7 days after treatment.
· Apply sunscreen for 6 weeks over the treated area.
1. What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a progressive, non-invasive treatment that propels natural mineral crystals onto the surface of the skin for gentle epidermal abrasion that reveals newer, healthier, younger skin.
Microdermabrasion works in 2 ways:
Correction: The speed of the crystals’ flow causes an abrasive action that removes the surface layers of the skin, allowing smoother, fresher skin to emerge.
Stimulation: The vacuum action helps to stimulate micro circulation, increasing the blood supply that provides nutrients needed for skin regeneration. It also stimulates formation of new collagen and elastin to improve skin texture and elasticity.
2. What are the side effects?
After treatment, the skin has a pink glow, and may be a little sensitive. After a few days, the skin may be more dry than usual.
3. How many treatments will I need?
Age and skin condition determine the number of treatments required to achieve optimum results. For most skin conditions, a minimum of 6 treatments is recommended. Results can be seen in both the texture and the appearance of the skin after just 1 session. An initial series of 6 treatments, combined with maintenance sessions, will result in better skin quality.
4. What skin condition can be treated?
· Sun-damaged skin
· Uneven and granular skin
· Fine lines and wrinkles
· Enlarged pores
· Superficial scars
· Blackheads and comedones
· Some stretch marks
5. Is it safe?
Micro Controlled Peeling offers a gentler alternative to more traumatic resurfacing treatments. It does not involve trauma or bleeding. The treatment removes only superficial layers of the epidermis to reveal a youthful complexion and glow. The therapist has complete control and works under the strictest hygiene standards, using sterile, disposable treatment nozzles to ensure your safety and comfort.
6. How long does it take?
Each treatment takes 15 to 45 minutes depending on the area being treated.
7. Can microdermabrasion be used on the body?
There are virtually no areas of the body that would not benefit from microdermabrasion. It can be performed on the entire face, neck, neckline, décolleté, hands, and stretch marks on various areas of the body to name a few.
1. What is the Kinelift treatment?
The Kinelift program combines the technology of light and micro-currents. It helps to improve muscle tone and sagging muscles; a necessary part of a complete anti-aging treatment.
2. How many sessions will I need?
The Kinelift program requires 6 to 12 treatments. For optimum results, treatments should be scheduled twice a week, at a 2 to 3 day interval. For a special occasion, 3 treatments can be performed during the same week. Once the sessions are completed, maintenance treatments are recommended once a month for clients under 50 years of age and twice a month for clients over 50 and for smokers.
3. Are there any side effects?
Side effects are extremely rare, but individuals prone to dizziness may experience some discomfort. When such symptoms occur, they are mild and short-lived. The light or currents used during Kinelift treatments cannot cause any allergic reaction. Some individuals may experience temporary redness following a treatment.
1. What is the Purelight treatment?
The Purelight is an acne clearing treatment that features a magenta light. The interaction between the “violet” light with the acne bacteria generates singlet oxygen, which attacks and kills bacteria responsible for acne. Purelight treatments will reduce the problems caused by active oil glands and is an excellent way to increase collagen production in the skin, keeping it smoother and healthier looking longer.
2. How many treatments do I need?
Depending on the severity of the condition being treated a series of 6 to 12 treatments is necessary. To control and maintain results after a series of sessions, 1 to 2 treatments per month are recommended.
3. How often should the treatments be performed?
For fast results, Purelight can be performed 1 to 3 times per week. Clients treated less than once per week can also achieve satisfying results, though, at a slower pace. The Purelight can be used on the face, neck, chest and back treatments.
4. Are there any side effects?
The lights or currents used during Purelight treatments cannot cause any allergic reaction. Some individuals may experience temporary redness following a treatment. Individuals prone to dizziness may experience some discomfort. These reactions are temporary and without consequence.